Saturday 30 June 2012

Productivity: The power of writing things down

The day before yesterday I posted my first motivation on this blog, which was to get all my belongings in a backpack. Result of writing this down:

Yesterday I managed to empty 3 entire shelves in my closet:

Today I did another shelf and went through all my clothes and took the ones out that I don't wear anymore. Result: One closet is entirely empty and the other one isn't even that full:


All of this brings me a couple of steps closer to fitting it all in my backpack and it's a very good example of the power of writing things down.

Whenever we write something down we have the tendency to finish it, so we can cross it of our list.

Tip: If there's something on your to do list that's been there for weeks, try to break it down into smaller, more precise tasks. Most of the time the reason why we don't start a certain task is because it's too big or too vague. Be specific and make every task small enough so it becomes manageable.    

No comments:

Post a Comment