Saturday 16 June 2012

Body: Starting with the "4-hour body"

Timothy Ferriss. When you're interested in productivity and already familiar with Lifehacker, a productivity website, you'll encounter his name sooner or later. I already encountered it a couple of times, but didn't pay much attention to it. This time his name kept popping up again, so I decided to give it a go and do a thorough research on him. I'm really glad I did. Apparently he and I are much the same. We both want to get to the truth of things. Only difference: He's been doing this longer than me and he has a lot more tools than I do to accomplish things. In other words, I'm as happy as can be, because he has done a couple years of work that I don't have to do anymore! :D

He has written two books:
The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich (Expanded and Updated) 
The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman

He even has a third book coming up:
The 4-Hour Chef: The Simple Path to Cooking Like a Pro, Learning Anything, and Living the Good Life

I went for "the 4-hour body" to start with. As soon as I got my hands on this book I started reading it. I just HAD to. It looked so interesting! The last couple of days I've been doing almost nothing else than reading and summarizing the first chapter, which is about losing fat in the most effective way possible. As soon as I am done with this I am going to apply it, as I'm always skeptical about things like these and I want to see results. I'm already pretty lean, so I'm pretty sure I won't see a huge loss. I can't see my six-pack though which lies firmly hidden under some body fat. If I can manage to make that visible and don't lose any muscle mass while on this diet I'll call it a success. We'll see how it goes. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment