Thursday 28 June 2012

Body: Correction on diabetes statement

In my previous post I posted this:

"Here's an excerpt from the 4-hour body book: "Chlorine dioxide, one of the chemicals used to bleach flour, combines with residual protein in most of these foods to form alloxan. Researchers use alloxan in lab rats to INDUCE diabetes."
So essentially, we are eating something on a daily basis that induces diabetes...Wonderful."

I have to correct this. A friend of mine (thanks, Sophie :)) noted that there is another study that showed that human beta-cells are pretty resistant to alloxan compared to beta-cells of lab rats.
The study can be found here: link

Also I have to emphasize that all the things I'm writing here are things I'm experimenting with, so don't take them for the truth! Be critical! I am doing this diet because of that reason. I don't take it for granted that this diet is claiming the truth and therefore I'm trying it out. If it fails, you'll be the first one to know. Same goes when it succeeds. Again: Be critical. Question everything, including the things I write here!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment