Tuesday 26 June 2012

Body: Article slow-carb diet and first observations

Recently a new article appeared on the blog of Timothy Ferriss, author of "The four-hour body".
It's called "How to lose 100 pounds on the slow-carb diet". If you aren't convinced of the effectiveness of this diet, maybe read this article.

My first observations on this diet:

First of all, I'm losing fat and I know this because I can see my abs better. I'm gaining weight though, which can only mean one thing: I'm gaining muscle mass, although I don't really exercise. Nice side-effect :)

Secondly, my healing factor is way higher than before. Normally, when I get a scratch on my arm or something it would take a couple of weeks to heal. I just assumed I was a slow healer. Now it's just a matter of days to heal. I presume this has to do with the higher protein intake.

Thirdly, I'm eating less. Most people who know me better know I'm as a big eater. I could easily eat a couple of pizzas without any trouble. Now, probably also due to a higher protein intake, I feel more satisfied after eating something and thus consume less. It even comes to the point that my expenses on food are noticeably lower than they before.

I'm really starting to like this diet! :D  

No comments:

Post a Comment